Protection of Personal Information Act (PoPIA) – Stay ahead of the curve and meet the 30 June 2021 deadline
Compli-Serve SA, in conjunction with Novation Consulting and UCT Law@work presents
Time: 14 October 2020 from 10.30-13.00 (SA time)
Protection of Personal Information Act (PoPIA) – speaker Elizabeth de Stadler
- Understanding the structure of the Act
- impact assessments
- Understanding consent, disclosure, and contracts
- What we can learn from Europe (GDPR) and other places
- Does cyberinsurance help?
- Designing POPIA governance
- Piercing the corporate veil
- Centralised versus decentralised functions
- Choosing a framework
- Interpreting the role and responsibilities of Information Officers
- Categorising data subjects
- Creating disclosures (Privacy Notices)
- Managing third party risks
- Empower your organisation to process personal information in line with POPIA’s eight requirements
- Reduce the risks of non-compliance…
About Elizabeth de Stadler and Novation Consulting
Elizabeth specialises in all things compliance and risk management, plain language drafting and designing, and training (she is an excellent speaker on data protection). She prides herself on being slightly out there and bringing a fresh perspective to compliance issues.
Novation has been providing and presenting law services since 2011 in a fresh and exciting way. ‘At Novation, we believe that compliance can change minds. Increase sales. Reduce complaints. Add value. Novation can help you do things right and grow your business. What we do is not about paying lip service to compliance but marrying it with good and ethical business practices.’ For more information visit https://novcon.co.za/ .
About Compli-Serve SA
Compli-Serve SA (Pty) Ltd is an independent specialist provider of regulatory compliance services and solutions to the retail financial sector. Website: www.compliserve.co.za .
About UCT Law@work
UCT Law@work is a self-funding unit offering short courses, seminars, workshops, self-paced online courses, webinars and podcasts on topical legal issues. Any of our scheduled courses can be customised for groups of 15 or more, to suit your organisation’s specific requirements. For more information, visit www.lawatwork.uct.ac.za .
Who should attend:
- Registered Key Individuals & Representatives
- Information Officers
- Risk Managers
- Business Owners
Compli-Serve Compliance clients: R250 per person (excl. VAT)
Other attendees: R500 per person (excl. VAT).
CPD hours: 3
To book please email: firstname.lastname@example.org