Future proof your business by attending this years FPI Professional Digital Convention
It is only natural that many of us are questioning our ability to thrive in a new decade which seems beset by more questions than answers. The 31st FPI Professional Convention, which is being held digitally, will tackle all of these doubts head-on with a range of engaging sessions based around the theme of Future-Proof. “We had no idea how apt the theme would be when we chose it!” says FPI CEO Lelane Bezuidenhout.
This is one convention you do not want to miss.
Taking the convention digital was not just the right thing to do from a lockdown perspective, it also enabled FPI to secure some really big-name international speakers (not to mention loads of really great local talent). With talks that will tackle the increasing web of regulatory developments, the implementation of best practice standards, the brave new world of behavioural finance and the truly dizzying rate of technological change, the FPI is leaving no stone unturned in its quest to help you become Future-Proof.
Other benefits include:
- Gaining knowledge and insights directly from regulators and captains of industry.
- Access to digital material put together by the remarkable speakers (more about them later).
- 11.5 verifiable CPD hours. (General: 5.5 | Ethical 4.5 | Technical 1.5).
Who will be speaking?
We’ve packed this year’s digital convention Programme with top-notch local and international speakers.
Some of the highlights include:
- Michelle Hoskin (aka Little Miss WOWW!®) is known for her endless enthusiasm and energy, infectious personality and unique outlook on what she describes as a “magical profession”. With over 20-years’ experience working alongside some of the world’s most successful financial services organisations, she is a leading expert in the design and implementation of international framework-based best practice standards.
- Greg B Davies, PhDis a specialist in applied behavioural finance, decision science, impact investing and financial wellbeing. He founded the world’s first behavioural finance team at Barclays in 2006 and now leads the development of behavioural decision support software at Oxford Risk. Greg holds a PhD in Behavioural Decision Theory from Cambridge and is author of Behavioural Investment Management.
- Seasoned financial journalist Bruce Whitfield will provide “a sober yet optimistic take on South Africa 5.0” with his entertaining new talk Rebels, Renegades and Problem Solvers.
- Juanita Vorster’s talk How to Succeed in the New Game of Businesswill inspire you to get off the couch and start implementing the steps required to ‘do better business, better.’
- The convention is 100% digital and will take place on 27 and 28 October 2020 and
- Registration fees are R 2,500 for members of the FPI and R 3,000 for non-members.
Want to take care of your 2021 verifiable CPD hour requirement?
Why not buy our discounted online CPD-package that gives you access to world-class CPD activities that includes not only the 2020 Convention but also the Estate & Tax online seminar, the Retirement & Investment online forum and the FPI’s annual refresher.
Members pay only R 5,200 and non-members R 5,900. An opportunity not to be missed!
If you are even slightly concerned about preparing your business for the challenges of the future (who is not?) you need to register for the 2020 FPI Digital Professional Convention!
Secure your spot by registering for the FPI Professional Convention 2020 at https://www.fpicpd.co.za/CPD/convention/register.aspx