Where healthcare and travel insurance meets
There is so much more to travel medical insurance than just the basic add on from a credit card. OracleMed spotted a gap in this market in 2001 and are now operating in 18 different countries. When it comes to working in Africa, having effective healthcare and emergency evacuation cover in place is essential. David van der Knaap, CEO, OracleMed Health, a Constantia UMA, takes us through the COVER they offer and why it is important.
A few takeaway points:
- In all 18 countries that we operate in, we appoint a lead insurer while the business is reinsured back to Constantia Insurance.
- The policy being issued on local paper means the client knows they have a legitimate and legal written paper approved by the regulator
- By having an in-country partner, we have proper reinsurance treaties and proper agreements
- We have a worldwide network of 3200 hospitals
- Clients want quality health care and quality life care on a dollar-based policy