In salute to the tough challenges we’ve faced in the past months, we’ve chosen a different way to contribute to Mandela Day this year.
As we move into the next stage of navigating the Covid-19 curve – It is a way to appreciate each other and our environment and contribute to the lives of people around us.
We hope to be able to capture ‘67 Moments for Madiba’ through the eyes of everyday South Africans in this unique and difficult time. Therefore, we‘ve create a photo journey competition entitled; ‘Stepping Out’ with a prize for you and for charity.
Submit photos in JPEG or PNG format to email@example.com or WhatsApp: 0781352329.
Inspired by our previous photo challenge, this is a tribute to you and to the country. As we start moving around, we’re asking you to submit a photo of any view that strikes you! Whatever makes you appreciative of life, makes you celebrate and makes you curious. What first struck you as you moved out of lockdown? We’d love to know. Was it an intersection filled with cars, your hairdresser’s chair, a wintry landscape, tiny little corners of your garden, the SA flag, night lights or night skies, the braai on a Saturday afternoon, a place of worship on a Sunday morning or wide open cityscapes.
Send us your view of the world as we ‘Step Out’ and if you’re the winning photographer, we will donate R15 000 (in cash or kind) to a charity of your choice. AND you also get a gorgeous gift basket to the value of R2 000 for the winning photo and, of course, the accolades of being the Mandela Day Champion photographer.
* Photos will NOT be judged on technical skill. This is for you and me and the average cell phone photo.
How It Works:
Winning photos will be decided based on:
- How emotive the photo is? How much did it move us? How do we feel when we look at it?
- How interesting or different it is?
- The photographers’ choice of perspective (what can we see that’s unique through your eyes).
- Winner will be determined by two judges, whose names will be announced in the week.
- The photo must be an original.
- Photos may be submitted at any time, as views of the world strike you.
- Each person may submit as many entries as you desire. A photo series may also be submitted.
- Last photo accepted by 8:30am on Tuesday, 14th July 2020. Winner will be announced on Saturday, 18th of July.
- No identifiable people may feature in the photo. Animals can be featured.
- No alcohol, cigarettes or casino gaming tables can be published
- Photos will be published on social media at the discretion of the administrator.
Please submit your name and date/time/location of photo.
- You may nominate your charity at the time of submission or, if and when, you win the challenge. Charities nominated must be a registered NPO.
- Funds will be paid directly to the charity nominated. Charity nominated must be a registered, verifiable NPO with an active charitable programme. The company reserves the right to ask you to nominate another charity, if the required governance criteria is not met by the selected organisation.
- Gift basket will be couriered to you.