A vacancy has arisen for an Underwriter within the Short Term Insurance industry at our Contact Centre in Cape Town. The candidate should be of a strong personality with a passion for client services, excel in attention to detail, and aim to exceed expectations. We are looking for a team player who can operate well under pressure and embrace Treating Customers Fairly principles.
- Minimum NQF4 qualification; be FAIS compliant
- Regulatory Exam – Representative
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ short term underwriting experience – Commercial & Personal Lines
- Currently be a Representative on a Reps Register (not under supervision) for Sub Categories 1.2Personal Lines Insurance and 1.6 Commercial Lines Insurance
- Status of CPD hours progress (for previous and current FSCA cycle)
- Fluent in isiZulu and/or Xhosa
- Up to date on Class of Business training (Personal and Commercial Lines)
A copy of all required documentation must accompany your application.
Responsibilities and duties will include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the overall underwriting processes
- Timeous attendance to internal and external queries
- Timeous follow through of leads
- Timeous processing of renewals and sending relevant documentation to client
- General reporting and servicing of clients
Should you be interested, and meet the minimum requirements, please submit your CV with supporting documents to Marius Marais at email@example.com with the subject being “Scottfin Underwriter – Contact Centre” by no later than close of business, 22nd March 2021.
**Should you not hear from us within 2 weeks after the closing date (22nd March 2021), consider your application unsuccessful.
External applications/CV’s are invited, should a suitable candidate not be found from within the Company. Late applications will not be accepted.
**Please note that the Company will not entertain relocation costs**