Collaboration towards a Sustainable Insurance Sector in Africa
OESAI is hosting its 2020 Conference as a virtual event on the 23rd October 2020. The Annual OESAI Conference has become the premier insurance event in Eastern and Southern Africa attracting 450 delegates in 2019. As a result of the COVID19 pandemic, OESAI is making this conference a virtual event this year, in cognisant of the current travel restrictions around the globe.
The only platform you will have this year to meet and exchange ideas ahead of one of the most extra-ordinary renewals in recent history.
Our speakers will share with us the opportunities presented by innovation and what steps can be taken to catalyze the role of technology, ESG implementation and Regional regulators/supervisors in transforming and attaining sustainability in the sector.
Date: Friday 23rd October 2020
Time: 10 AM EAT | 9 AM SAT | 7 AM GMT
Cost: OESAI Members free | Non- Members USD 100
Innovation and Digitisation Panel Survey
Please take 10 minutes to complete the online survey regarding digitisation. Results will be shared at the conference.
- Building a resilient African Insurance Market – this will include discussion around Climate/Pandemic & other emerging Risks, integrating ESG Factors into Underwriting technical Capacity in the sector to achieve sustainability.
- Digital Innovation in the Insurance Sector – This will include discussion around Insurance data & Modelling, Product Design, Pricing and Distribution
- Regulation – Creating a conducive and responsive regulatory landscape in the Insurance sector, Key Regulatory changes across Africa, Sustainable Regulatory Support, Compliance, harmonization of the regulatory environment in Africa.
Facilitators and Speakers:
Dr. Corneille Karekezi, Group MD & CEO, Africa Re, will facilitate the Sustainable Regulatory Support Panel.
- Dr. Mohamed Omran, Chairman Financial Regulatory Authority, Egypt
- Godfrey Kiptum, Commissionaer of Insurance Kenya
- L.Grace Mohamed, Commissioner at NAMFISA, Namibia
- Sunday Thomas, Commissioner for Insurance, Nigeria
- Dr. Grace Muradzikwa, Commissioner at Insurance and Pensions Commission (IPEC) in Zimbabwe
Cassim Hansa, Group head Underwriting and claims, Continental-Re, will facilitate the Building a Resilient African Insurance Market Panel.
- Dr. Bronwyn Clair, Senior Programme Manager, Climate Wise/CISL
- Dr. Ceasar Mwangi, CEO, ICEA Lion
- Lesley Ndlovu, CEO, Africa Risk Capacity
- Mia Thom, Technical Director, Cenfri’s Risk
Tony Van Niekerk, Editor, COVER, will facilitate the Digital Innovation in the Insurance Sector Panel
- Insurance data – Gateway to Innovation – Kali Bagary, CEO & Founder, The Data Company
- Product Design, Modelling & Pricing – Greg Becker, Independent Actuarial Consultant
- Strategic Digitisation – Bruce Sahd, COVER Advisory & Independent Digitisation Consultant
- Micro Insurance Innovation & Distribution – Alfred Kissiedu, Founder, Redpear Communications Ghana
- Alternative risk transfer – Costain Nikisi, Captive Manager, Short Term Operations, Swan Short Term Operations