By: Reinsurance Solutions Intermediary Services
South Africa’s reinsurance sector is set for growth with the launch of a new player in the industry – Reinsurance Solutions Intermediary Services. Agile, responsive and backed by years of local and international experience, Reinsurance Solutions Intermediary Services is bringing a fresh new competitive edge to the market.
Reinsurance Solutions Intermediary Services is a new subsidiary of the Reinsurance Solutions Group, the largest independent African-owned reinsurance broking group on the continent. The group services Africa and the Indian Ocean Islands from its head office in Mauritius and other offices around Africa and in London.
The new South African office comprises a tightknit team of handpicked brokers that draw on the wealth of global experience of the broader Reinsurance Solutions Group as well as their own niche skillsets, rooted in the local market. The office services blue-chip insurance clients in Southern Africa and Lusophone countries, including Angola, Botswana, Cape Verde, eSwatini, Guinea-Bissau, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Sao Tome & Principe, South Africa, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
This growing client base has access to the full range of global insurance products from Reinsurance Solutions Group.
These products and services include:
- Facultative placements: facultative risks are placed into reinsurance markets around the world on both proportional and non-proportional basis.
- Treaty placements: comprehensive treaty placement offering, including negotiations and placement with the relevant securities.
- Complimentary treaty reviews: independent reviews of potential clients’ and partners’ current treaty structures.
- Treaty structuring: in-depth treaty analyses and restructuring, comprising either proportional or non-proportional treaties, or a combination of both.
- Dynamic reinsurance analysis: mathematically-accurate assessments of specific classes of businesses, claims histories, projections and retention levels.
- Captive solutions: tax-efficient jurisdictions for large insurance policy buyers that allow for transfer pricing mechanisms, within conducive fiscal and regulatory regimes.
- Underwriting and policy pricing reviews: thorough policy reviews to redress portfolio performance and support improved underwriting profits.
Cameron Cupido, Chief Executive Officer at Reinsurance Solutions Intermediary Services and head of the new subsidiary, says its entry into the market is a strategic one, coming at a critical time for the local industry.
“With the effects of world events really starting to be felt in South Africa, and with our reinsurance industry being quite limited, there was an excellent opportunity for us to bring to market a new player with new offerings. We are a niche and highly focused team, which allows us to quickly adapt to changing conditions and develop responsive reinsurance solutions as and when our clients need them. This undoubtedly gives us a competitive edge,” explains Cameron, who personally picked the brokers, all of whom have extensive reinsurance experience and skills, making for a formidable regional team.
Cameron has over 20 years’ experience in insurance/reinsurance, and brings to his new role a combination of excellent product and customer knowledge. He forms part of Reinsurance Solutions Intermediary Services newly-appointed executive team, following the granting of its financial services licence by the Financial Sector Conduct Authority in June 2020.